1.2.11

The Green Hornet!

Photobucket

I've always thought Green Hornet was from a comic book. After watching the movie, I did a quick research in wikipedia ( I love wiki! New character? Wiki it! New book? Wiki it!) and to my surprise Green Hornet was from a radio show, later adapted to a TV series with Bruce Lee in it! How cool was that!?

Photobucket

With a few clicks away, I found lots of interesting info about the Green Hornet. Stephen Chow was originally casted as Kato the Green Hornet's side kick also directing it. Due to creative differences Stephen Chow left the movie. In the TV series, the Green Hornet and Batman did a cross over episode. ( Adam West as Batman, one of the two actors that are actually the same height as the Batman in the comics. The others are shorties)



In the movie version, they portray Green Hornet as a very stubborn and spoilt guy who doesn't listen to Kato's advice. I am not saying its bad but it does lose a lot of cool factor. Kato in the movie was also very confusing. He's from Shanghai yet he have a Japanese name. Huh? But I've to admit Jay Chou speaks relatively well in the movie.

Its not a bad movie, its not very good either. Everything was half half if know what I mean. Half of the action, half of the comedy and half of character background (Kato in this case). I really do feel that this movie can be so much better, maybe Stephan Chow had directed the movie it will be better? Oh! I did truly laugh at one part of the movie. It was when the bad guy asking his henchman to inform everyone to kill Green Hornet with a million dollar bounty. They show the henchman goes to this sleazy place telling it to 3 asian girls, one of the girl behind of the counter ( Mama-san I guess.) after hearing the news took out knives and pass it to the other girls. I think I am the only guy who laughed at that scene. I am weird.

Anyway, catch it don't catch catch it. Your choice. I would suggest you to watch it during the weekdays though.

No comments: