5.4.11

Google adsense first payout! / Egg painting competition.

Its been quite awhile since I joined adsense program. Finally, I got my first payout!

Photobucket
Yeah!

Photobucket
Woots!

Photobucket
The cheque!

Photobucket
Closer look! Yes, I am Derrick.

I want to thank you guys for making this possible! Moolah!

------------------------------------------------------------

Derek invited us to join this egg painting competition in downtown east, its free anyway so we have nothing to lose ( except our pride ).

As expected the place was pack full of children! Ha! We are so going to win this competition.

Photobucket
Derek loves free stuff.

So we were given each a box of oil based paint and we can take them home after the competition. Gabriel, Lilian shared one box and Derek and me shared another box so we each have one unopened box. ( We are smart! )

Photobucket
Free paint and fake eggs!

The objective was to paint 3 eggs, one following the example egg on each table then paint the other two with the theme of family and downtown east. We were so darn competitive, we took the longest time to paint the first egg and its not even going to be judged! Only one egg from each table will be submitted to judge, if the egg won the table will win prizes. We were so dumb to be concentrating on our first egg! We rushed through our second egg and give up on our third egg. Derek's egg were chosen to submit. So did we win? Drum roll please.... no! We didn't win any prize! I tell you the competition was rigged! The winners have downtown east logo painted on it! Just like there are serial numbers on our voting slip. (If you get this joke tell me you get it in the comments =X)

Photobucket
My eggs.

It was fun while it lasted. After the competition, we went to escape theme park. Derek said NTUC is going to tear down the place and build more chalets, the entrance is free now and you can pay and take the rides you like.

Photobucket
Barren.

OMG! Its so empty even though its on a Sunday! Very sad! The last time I went when I was like 16 years old, its the most hip place! Now its like ghost town!

Photobucket
Rundown!

If you want to have the nostalgic feeling please go and visit it before it gets tear down. Its free entrance anyway.

We had our dinner at Justacia and ordered lots of chiwanmushi, it cost 1 dollar each if you order a set meal.

Photobucket
Nom nom nom..

And that pretty much ends our day in downtown east.

PS: The MC during the competition kept using words pun like "egg-xiting, egg-travaganza and egg-cellent" woah really hear liao your ears can bleed.

5 comments:

RS said...

congrats on your google adsense cheque! =D I've always had it but I took it off a year ago? Just 2 months ago I put it back on and it's making quite a bit at a fast rate.

www.riskofrain.com

Unknown said...

congrats losty!! woot!

kumfye said...

congratz...how long google took to send you the cheque...

thefye.com...feel free to visit me

Zazabong said...

Wah, so google adsense really pays huh.. I've always been doubtful abt it, tot they wont pay since we're in Sg or something.. lol. Btw, need to earn how much b4 they'll send down a cheque? SG100?

Zazabong said...

Btw ask you hor, when google adsense mails us the cheque, we can just bank it in any bank in sg is it? Lol paiseh, I suck at general knowledge when it comes to banks n cheques.. :p